Monday, July 29, 2013

May, June, July 2013 reading

Today, I am focusing on:

Let go, and trust the universe.

This is a hard one, but I think it is necessary.  The line came to me last night as I was making dinner and fretting about money.  Once it popped into my head, and I didn't argue with the thought, a weird thing happened ~ I felt calm and at peace.

So, this morning, my mantra is let go, and trust the universe.  I am a control freak, so this is a hard task, but I am doing my best.

In other news, I was looking back over my Goodreads.com book list, and realized that either I didn't read as much as I thought I had over the past three months, or I didn't update my list for every book that I read.  Not sure which is the case...  I'm usually really on top of things like that as you can see in these posts:
To say I read a lot would be, ahem, an understatement.

Looking over my Goodreads list, I am sure there are books listed that I didn't list, or rate, or mark as finished, or something.

July 2013 reading:
In progress:
  • The Hit by David Baldacci
  • The Butterfly Hunter by Chris Ballard
  • The No Asshole Rule by Robert J. Sutton
  • The Owl and Moon Cafe by Jo-Ann Mapson
  • The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  • The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
  • And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
Finished:
  • The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green by Joshua Braff
  • Meet Me At Emotional Baggage by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella
  • The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usable Trim, Scraps, and Bones by Anthony Bourdain
  • Celia the Dark and Weird by Karen Finneyfrock
June books finished, according to my Goodreads list:

  • Blue Nights by Joan Didion
  • Open Heart by Elie Weisel
  • Marley: A Dog Like No Other by John Grogan
  • School of Fear (book #1) by Gitty Daneshvari
  • Go Your Own Way: Women Travel the World Solo by Faith Conlon
May books finished according to my Goodreads list:
  • The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
  •  Hold the Cream Cheese, Kill the Lox by Sharon Kahn
I am SURE I read more than that in both May and June though! SURE OF IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We adore comments! Please leave some! Just note, Anonymous comments go to my spam folder, and I rarely publish them.