Write an autobiography of a place
- If you were to embody that place, what would your autobiography say? Would your story be about how you came into existence? Or the people that have traveled through or on you? If you choose your house, who has lived in you (both now and in the past)?
- If your place could speak, what kind of voice would it have? What kind of tone, or language, or vocabulary would your place use?
- What are the core truths of your place? What would your place's beliefs be? (I am curious to know if your place's beliefs are also your beliefs, or would your place have different ideas?)
- Choose a specific incident in your place's history, or write broadly about your place's entire existence. But, write in the voice, or from the point of view, of your place.
- Share your response here in a comment, or on your blog and leave the link in the comments here. I'd love to read what you come up with! And, use any genre or style that you think best suites the story you wish to tell...
|Imagine mosaic in Central Park, New York City|