Although I would love for you to read every post on my blog, and to visit on a regular basis, I understand that some may only be interested in homeschooling related posts and information. To see only my homeschooling and education related posts, click HERE.
For my most popular homeschooling and education related posts follow these links:
- Turning children into writers...
- But, how do you work and homeschool? Seems impossible...
- Part I: How we homeschool
- Part II: How we homeschool
- Carschooling - How to homeschool while traveling
- Response to "The Loneliness of Genius"
For my favorite homeschooling and education related posts (besides the ones above), follow these links:
- Teaching poetry
- Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen (lesson plan ideas relating to food consumption, production, etc.)
- FREE Homeschool art history resources
- Writing Assignment: The Autobiography of a Place
- Free Art History resources - featuring Frida Kahlo and Pablo Picasso
- Reading encouragement
And, finally, a few of our favorite pieces of curriculum:
Linktv.org - a great site for documentaries about the world, and news from around the world; an alternative to regular American media
Hippocampus - totally FREE online courses for a variety of science, history, math, and other subjects.
Noeo Homeschool Science - amazing packaged curriculum with teacher's guides
Key To math workbooks and answer keys
IXL - math drills website (limited use for free, but membership starts at just under $10/month)
ABCteach.com - educational worksheets, unit studies and more (limited use for free, but membership starts at $39.99 per year)
EnchantedLearning.com - educational worksheets, unit studies and more (limited use for free, but membership starts at $20 per year)