Friday, February 8, 2013

Being "bored" means you are wasting precious moments of your life...

I acknowledge that we all need down time in our lives.  We need time to relax, refresh, recharge.  But, do we need to be "bored"?  There was a time when I would have said that boredom is valuable.  It teaches us to appreciate the times when we are not bored.  It helps us to self-motivate to undo our boredom. Blah blah blah.

Now, I'm not so sure.  I have spent a lot of time in my life sitting around, bored.  Wasted time.

I saw this on Facebook, and looked it up on the 'net to see if the attribution is correct. It appears to be from comedian Louis C.K.  And, I love it!

So, if you are sitting there, feeling bored, do something about it!  Realize how lucky you are to just be here!  Take a moment to THINK.  WRITE your thoughts.  TELL someone a story.  Take a moment to formulate a plan, then go DO something about it!  Whatever it is you decide to do, LIVE this life that you've been given.  Don't waste it being bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We adore comments! Please leave some! Just note, Anonymous comments go to my spam folder, and I rarely publish them.