July 2013 reading:
- The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green by Joshua Braff
- Meet Me At Emotional Baggage by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella
- The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usable Trim, Scraps, and Bones by Anthony Bourdain
- Celia the Dark and Weird by Karen Finneyfrock
Abandoned/Returned to the Library:
- The Hit by David Baldacci - I would like to finish this one eventually.
- The Butterfly Hunter by Chris Ballard - Eh, it was ok, but I probably won't check it out again.
- The No Asshole Rule by Robert J. Sutton - Definitely want to finish this one! Gotta pay down those library fines and check it out again!
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - Not what I was expecting, and I probably won't finish it.
Continuing into August:
- The Owl and Moon Cafe by Jo-Ann Mapson
- The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
Planned August 2013 reading:
Continuing from July:
- The Owl and Moon Cafe by Jo-Ann Mapson - This is one of my go-to books when I need something familiar and comforting. I've read it several times.
- The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg - Another go-to for comfort and familiarity.
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini - I loved Hosseini's first two books, but am really struggling to get into this one. I want to love it, but so far I'm not even lukewarm.
- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson - I started this one months and months ago, but put it down when life got too busy. Time to pick it up again!
- Matar Un Ruisenor by Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird in Spanish. My Spanish skills are elementary for speaking and writing, and probably low-intermediate for reading. However, I know the original English version of the book so well that I'm going to attempt to read it in Spanish. I'm hoping that this will help improve my Spanish skills dramatically. Anyone know where I can find copies in Swedish or Turkish? I'm not having much luck finding To Kill a Mockingbird in either of those two languages.